Applying for Admission to the [DIAP] MFA
The [DIAP] MFA Online Application Process
Portfolio submissions are online only.
See Portfolio Requirements for information on submitting your work.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
All applicants from countries in which the official language is not English are required to submit official TOEFL scores. A minimum paper-based test score of 500 or internet based of 65 is required for consideration. The TOEFL score reports must come directly from ETS (Educational Testing Service) to be official. TOEFL scores expire after two years. Please contact the Admissions Office for further information.
Contact [DIAP] if you would like to schedule a campus visit, or be added to the mailing list for a future Open House presentation.
[DIAP] MFA Application Guidelines
[DIAP] MFA online application
- URL to the site (web site, blog, etc.) where you are hosting your Artist Statement, Digital Portfolio, and Image List/Image Documentation.
- Curriculum vitae or artist’s résumé. Guidelines for artist’s résumés can be found on the College Art Association website.
- Artists’ statement as a .doc
- Digital Portfolio: URL [or alternatively a mailed DVD/CD] of digital portfolio [see the portfolio guidelines for specific information on number of works to submit and file formats]
- Image List and Documentation of works submitted: For each submitted project provide a description of the work (title, medium, dimensions, date), plus project description and technical specifications.
Materials submitted to City College Graduate Admissions
- Official transcripts from each degree-granting institution attended
- Personal Statement Please discuss your artwork and your reasons for pursuing an MFA in Digital Interactive Art Practice at City College. Tell us about your area(s) of proposed focus.
- Two to three letters of recommendation are required. The recommendations should discuss the quality of the creative work, potential and other related aspects. These should be from former instructors or creative professionals who know your work. Recommendations should be submitted through the online application system and include a narrative letter.
All Materials are submitted via CCNY’s Online Application Platform once registered and an account was created.